Wednesday 20 February 2013

Mid Week Motivation - Ribbon & Buttons

Good morning folks, it's Fliss here today with hopefully a bit of inspiration to encourage you to enter my challenge theme if you haven't yet done so. 
I decided to make a flowery creation with my recently rediscovered Twinkling H20 paints which I used to paint the flowers although you might not be able to see the lovely pearly shimmer in the photo.


I made the background paper by layer stamping a flourish from an elderly Impression Obsession clear set also recently discovered - can you tell I've been having a bit of a clear out lol. I stamped my chosen flourish with Adirondack Aqua and Pink Sherbet having first inked the card with Milled Lavender Distress ink.
I stamped the flowers (Crafty Individuals) with Memories Artprint Brown and painted them with the H20 paints - English Lavender, Northern Lights and Gold Dust. I cut them out and embossed the reverse with a large embossing ball tool. I stamped the leaves (also Crafty Individuals) with VersaFine Spanish Moss and cut these out.
I embossed a die cut heart (Papermania) with the Cuttlebug Victoria folder and then made a little faux button with a Nestabilities blossom die, embossed with the same folder and pierced holes with a pokey tool.
I assembled the card with some pretty polka dot ribbon and added a sentiment (Hobby Art) stamped on a scrap of card left over from my Monday class demo (a flourish from the same set over card coloured with pastel pencils - more on this technique soon)

So there you have it and I'm sure like me you're now longing for Spring!
Fliss xx

4 comments:

  1. Goodness is it mid week already?? This is really pretty - great to see H2Os coming out of the cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Fliss... fabulous flowers...Haven't used my H2O's in ages... forgot I'd got some.
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Fliss - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Love, love, love the background!!

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.